The Schoenstatt Family Movement
Family is beautiful – and it is exhausting!
It is God’s wish that people grow in love. The Schoenstatt Family Movement wants to strengthen couples and families. Here they experience:
- time for themselves as married couples, whilst their children have their own program,
- community and exchange with other families
- an increase of competence in questions of marriage and family
- support and orientation in their faith
- new strength from their encounter with God, in a special way, in the sacrament of marriage,
- Mary is active here as a “coach and trainer” for everyday life in marriage and family.
In 1933 Father Kentenich had already initiated a family movement – which was something definitely unusual inecclesiastical circles at that time.
Schoenstatt invests in marriage and family through:
* preparation for marriage: the direction is determined right from the beginning
* marriage pedagogics and education of children: talks, seminaries, weekends, holidays
* addressing questions about life and faith
* apostolic projects for strengthening other couples and families
* courses for the formation of trainers for marriage and family (family academy, 2 years)
* periodicals, books, films
Each family chooses from what is offered exactly according to their exact preference. It is possible from time to time to take part in Schoenstatt events or to form fixed groups, in order to share experiences and to give support to one another. Whoever seeks for a spiritual” larger-family-for-life” may find a haven and a calling in the core communities of the Schoenstatt Family Movement, namely, in the Institute of Schoenstatt families (Link to the institute) founded in 1942, or in the Federation of Schoenstatt Families (link to the Federation of Schoenstatt families) founded in 1951.
Contact address for Germany Office for Families
House of the Family
Höhrer Strasse 115