A parish in Paris welcomes Our Lady of Schoenstatt in a special place, close to the Seine
The image of the Mother Thrice Admirable of Schoenstatt was enthroned in a large picture in the church of Notre Dame des Champs, a parish in Paris, France, on Sunday, January 17, 2021. The parish is the first Marian shrine in the Île-de-France region, which includes Paris, erected by the first bishop of Paris in the second century, during the evangelization of France, formerly Gaul.
Virginie de Préval, coordinator of the Pilgrim Mother Campaign in the Île-de-France region.
31. January, 2021
About eighty people, including children and families of various nationalities, were present, with many others in prayer. There were also thirteen people who sealed their Covenant of Love on this day, the 40th Covenant of Love sealed in that region. This is a beginning and a pioneer act in France, and the fruits of the Pilgrim Mother are becoming more and more evident. There are many signs and miracles.
Initially the MTA picture was to be enthroned on January 18, but the curfew forced us to change the date in less than 24 hours, and the MTA showed us that she wanted to establish herself with her picture on the 17th itself, at the end of the solemn Mass, so that the whole parish community could accompany her. This date is also special for us in France, because it commemorates the 150th anniversary of the apparition of Our Lady of Hope of Pontmain, who manifested herself to children saying to them: “But pray, my children. God will hear you in time. My Son allows Himself to be touched”.
What do we expect with this act?
The Blessed Mother was enthroned with the title of “Queen of Physical and Spiritual Health”, just as she was crowned last April in the Original Shrine.
With this gesture, we ask her to triumph over the current situation:
- That she may heal us physically and spiritually, and that the crypt where she is placed may be a local place of healing.
- May Mary fill us with peace, joy and missionary fire.
- We consecrate her to France, Paris, the Île-de-France region, and to each one of us.
Why in this place?
It was the MTA herself who chose this temple:
- For six years the Pilgrim Mother has accompanied every Thursday, in this parish, a youth prayer group called Magnificat.
- In 2017 and 2018 other young people prayed the rosary every Thursday with the MTA in the crypt.
- The pastor, Fr. Antoine d’Eudeville, who already sealed his Covenant of Love, promotes a missionary congress in his parish every year since he welcomed the Pilgrim Mother image four years ago. That image, the Queen of Families and of the Mission, was offered to France by the shrine of Atibaia, Brazil, on October 18, 2015.
How did we prepare?
With a novena and with our contributions to the capital of grace, we conquered this space for the Blessed Mother. We burned the offerings on the following day, January 18, in our home shrine, called Bethlehem.
We hope that Mary will perform many miracles, as Queen of Health, and that Parisians will come to her. May Mary crush the head of the serpent, especially in this situation we are living in the whole world.
If you travel to Paris, do not forget to visit the Blessed Mother in this Church.
Paroisse Notre-Dame des Champs – 92bis, boulevard du Montparnasse 75014 Paris.
Perhaps you can also say hello to the parish priest Fr. Antoine d’Eudeville.